Went to the allotment this morning to using the trees and the twigs we collected last week. We are hoping this helps us fro having to run down to swater everyday and helps to aerate the soil more because it’s mostly just highly compacted clay soil.
The allotment was unused for over 3 years and when we started trying to grow last year were met with just a mass of dandelions and grass roots so we have been slowly trying to improve the soil.
Our final bed is probably about 1 foot higher than the rest of the lot because of the slow compaction of the wood and also because we were sure what the allotment would think of a high hugelbed so it just looks like a standard raised bed.
Can’t wait to see how well it works